Choosing a digital marketing agency is a lot like choosing a doctor. You want to hire someone who is qualified, experienced, and who has your best interests at heart. That’s why it’s so important to do your research before selecting a Digital Marketing Agency Christchurch partner. In this post, we’re outlining seven steps you can take when selecting this critical partner for your business.
What is your budget?
You should be prepared to share your budget before you begin. This will help you and your agency determine what is possible for your business, as well as any potential obstacles or sticking points.
Most digital marketing agencies have a range of services they can offer at different price points, but it’s important to understand that the “best agency” won’t necessarily mean the most affordable one. You can’t get the best of everything for the lowest cost—you need to decide what is most important to your business, then find an agency that can deliver on those needs within your budget.
Ask for case studies
If you’re looking for a digital marketing agency, the first step is to do your research and find out which ones are the best. But if you want to know what separates a great agency from an average one, there are some questions that can help you make sure they’re right for your business.
Asking for case studies is one of them. When an agency has done work in your industry or at least something similar before, this shows their ability to deliver results and know how to capture attention on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
Find out what makes the agency unique
You should also find out what makes the agency unique. For example, does it have a specialty in a specific type of digital marketing? Is it focused on getting results or on just doing as much content creation as possible, regardless of quality? Is it a boutique agency that can afford to take its time with each client while still providing excellent service, or is it part of one of those big corporate machines where things move more quickly and all the work is handled by an army of junior-level employees with no experience? These questions will help you select an agency that understands your business and can tailor itself to your needs.
- Asking about success rate: What does their track record look like? How many clients have they worked with over time who can speak for their abilities?
- Asking about client list: Who are these people and what kind of company do they represent? How many years have they been working together (or separately)? What kind of work do they typically do for clients like yours—and why did this particular business choose them instead of another competitor such as yourself (if applicable)?
Ask for references
The best way to find out if a digital marketing agency is right for you is to ask for references. After all, no matter how much you like the agency’s website and portfolio, it’s their previous clients that can tell you whether or not they’ll be a good fit for your business.
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential agencies, make sure to contact as many references as possible—ideally 2-3 per agency (more than that will likely be overwhelming). These conversations shouldn’t feel like an interrogation; instead, think of them as an opportunity to learn more about each other and determine whether they would be able to support one another’s goals in the future. Here are some questions we recommend asking:
- How long have they been working with this client?
- What were their main objectives?
- How did the project go overall? Were there any challenges along the way? If so, how was this overcome by both parties involved?
Trust your gut
Trust your instincts. If you don’t feel comfortable with the agency, don’t hire them. If you feel like they are pressuring you into something, don’t do it.
If there is anything about an agency that doesn’t sit right with you, run away as fast as possible! This includes if they take too long to respond to emails or phone calls; if their website looks outdated or unprofessional, or if their answers aren’t clear and concise (or are even contradictory).
Ask about budget flexibility
- Ask the agency if they can give you a range of options. If you are not sure what kind of budget you need, or even if you want to invest in digital marketing at all, ask their advice on which type of campaign would work best for your business and budget.
- Ask them to provide a detailed proposal. This will help avoid any surprises later on down the road when it comes time to pay the bill!
When looking to hire a digital marketing agency, you need to find one that is both cost-efficient and effective at driving results. Here are guidelines for selecting the best digital marketing agency:
- Look for an agency that has experience with your industry. If your company sells furniture and you’re hoping to expand into home décor, it would be ideal to work with an agency that knows how to market in this space. This will help ensure they can provide the right guidance when it comes time for creating promotional content or running paid campaigns online.
- Look for an agency with a good reputation in the industry as well—particularly if you’re working with them on a larger project like SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). You may not always have time to do thorough research before hiring someone new so make sure their references are legitimate and trustworthy by checking out references from other companies who’ve worked with them before such as clients or even competitors! It’s always best practice when trying something new out — especially when money’s involved — so try not doing anything rashly unless there’s absolutely no other alternative left instead.”
Hopefully, these tips will help you find the right Digital Marketing Agency Christchurch.