Psoriasis and eczema are both chronic skin conditions that can cause itching, pain and discomfort. But there’s good news: infrared saunas brisbane therapy has been shown to offer significant benefits to those suffering from these conditions. In fact, some studies have found that infrared sauna treatment can even help reduce the symptoms of psoriasis, including itching, scaling and redness.
What are psoriasis and eczema, and what are the symptoms of each condition?
Psoriasis and eczema are both skin conditions. Psoriasis is a chronic condition that causes red, scaly patches to form on the surface of the skin.
People who have psoriasis experience flare-ups where their symptoms worsen, followed by periods of remission when they do not have any symptoms. The severity of psoriasis varies from person to person and can affect any part of the body; however, it most commonly appears on your elbows, knees and scalp.
Eczema is a non-contagious inflammatory disease that causes redness and dryness in patches of skin. It usually occurs in areas such as your arms or legs but can affect other parts too—even your face!
How infrared sauna therapy can help improve the skin condition for people with psoriasis or eczema
What is infrared sauna therapy?
Infrared sauna therapy is a natural and effective method of detoxification. The heat from the infrared rays penetrates into your body’s tissue, releasing toxins stored in your cells. As this happens, it stimulates circulation and promotes sweating. This results in a relaxation of the muscles, which helps relieve pain. Infrared saunas also help improve skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema by:
- Increasing blood flow to the area where you have psoriasis or eczema
- Stimulating lymphatic drainage (drainage of fluid)
- Reducing inflammation on the surface of your skin
- Supporting healthy cell growth
The benefits of using an infrared sauna for skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
Using an infrared saunas Brisbane can help improve skin health in a number of ways. Infrared heat therapy is known to increase blood flow, which improves circulation and oxygenation of the skin cells, ultimately improving their overall health. The increased blood flow can also encourage lymphatic drainage and detoxification, leading to more even skin tone and texture.
The heat from the infrared sauna can also help with hydration by increasing sweating—the body’s natural way of releasing excess fluids that build up in the tissues or on top of them. Sweating is one way that your body gets rid of toxins as well as excess water (which contributes to puffiness).
The heat from an infrared sauna warms up certain oils in your skin’s surface so that they’re able to glide across it more easily, leading to smoother-looking skin with less fine lines or wrinkles.
How to use an infrared sauna to improve your skin health if you have psoriasis or eczema
- Use an infrared sauna no more than once a day.
- Keep in mind that the combination of heat and moisture from the dry heat of an infrared sauna can be very drying to your skin, so it’s important to use a good moisturizer after each session.
- Your skin will be sensitive to the sun for at least 24 hours after using an infrared sauna, so avoid spending time outdoors during this period. If you do go outside during this time, wear sunscreen or protective clothing such as hats and sunglasses.
- Find out if there are any health concerns that might make infrared saunas unsafe for you before trying one out for yourself (for example, if you have heart problems or lung problems).
If you’re suffering from psoriasis or eczema, infrared saunas Brisbane therapy can be an effective way to reduce your symptoms. It’s also a great way to improve your overall health and well-being. By using this type of treatment for skin conditions, you can enjoy clearer skin without having to apply lotions or creams all day long.